Sunday, February 20, 2011

me, rachel

So, I put off starting this blog because I didn't have anything interesting to say. Honestly, I still have nothing interesting to say. But I'm being "compelled" to write for a class, so here I am, in all my uninteresting glory!

Now, that is kind of misleading. I may have started writing today because of my class, but I'm actually quite thankful for being forced to start. I kept a blog last year chronicling my "adventures" planning my wedding. They weren't very adventurous, but they were honest, and they allowed far-away family members to follow the planning process. I certainly don't lead the adventurous life of a heroine of a novel, or even a supporting character in a half-baked sitcom, but I do have myself. And I like to think that I'm not quite average.

For example, I'm a student, and I'm married. My husband graduated, but I'm still working on my degree in journalism. So, he's a full-blown working adult, and I can't decide if I'm a college kid or a married woman. Makes things interesting  :-)

We live in a little two-bedroom apartment owned by the University. It's the basic rental-white, and comes with all the basic design-minded renters nightmares...dome lights, nasty blue ex-dorm carpet, forbidden painting and even a white cinder block wall (gasp!). I'd love to paint all the walls bright sunny jewel tones, but since that's not allowed, I have to get creative in other ways. Unfortunately, much of this creativity is still in my head or in little file folders on my desktop. We certainly have a few pieces that show our quirky personality, but overall we've been to busy with life to put much effort into decorating.

I'm a perfectionist and a procrastinator, which is an awful combination. I enjoy baking but hate the dishes that come afterwards. I may or may not write terribly interesting things, but I suppose I don't mind much. It's just me, rachel.

No comments: