Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pinterest

I've been on this site for a matter of weeks, and it already trumps Facebook in my list of procrastination tools.

And let me tell you, that takes some doing. I'm a fantastic procrastinator.

This site is essentially endless inspiration on any and every topic. Sometimes I filter to see only art prints or bedrooms; sometimes I let it all come through and admire Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies and teny-tiny dogs. 

Yes. There is such a thing as an Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookie. Did you just die and go to heaven? I know I did. 

Gems like that are exactly why I find myself wasting hours a day just looking. I can save anything I like for reference later!


You start pinboards of topics you're interested in. For example, I have a "For the Home" board, a "Cuteness" board and a "Food" board, to name a few.

Then, you can pin items to your boards from anywhere on the internet and it will link back to that site. 

You can also follow people who  you find interesting or inspiring and see what they stumble across and pin up. You can always repin someone else's pin to your own board.

I've already found enough crafts and recipes that I want to try to keep me busy for a year, and somehow I keep coming back for more.

Beyond everything else, it is an incredible tool for bringing scores of inspiration from all over the internet together in one place. Much of the content are things that I would have never seen were it not published in this way. And I'm very thankful for the opportunity to be exposed to so much beauty. 

No comments: