Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The Red-Headed Wife

I've been bored with my hair for a while. I actually got a perm in August.

It didn't stick. 

I knew I didn't want to cut it short because I loved my length. I also thought I didn't want to dye it, because over all I like my hair color. But then I changed my mind.

It was time for something new. I finally got up the nerve to ask Michele (my sister-in-law, who also happens to be a beautician) to cut and dye my hair. I still didn't want it short, but I wanted my blonde-red-brown-what-is-it? hair to be all the same color. My favorite of the three: red.

Specifically, I wanted Amy Adams red. Which is technically strawberry blonde, I think. But it's a gorgeous color. 


See, isn't it pretty? I love her hair, and I loved the idea that I could look like that! So, we went for it!


Before, front. I look rather plump in this picture. Ignore that. Maybe that was a worse hair length for me than I thought!


 Before, back. Aaaaaaand it's pointy. Who knew that it was pointy? Weird.


And after! It actually got even prettier after a couple days. I really  need to get another picture of it now, but it's almost exactly the color of  Amy's in the above picture.


We didn't perm my hair. I love curls, but can't get my hair to hold them, so Shele was trying to teach me how to curl my own hair. These curls stuck quite well; I have yet to try it on my own, however. So we'll see how that goes.

No comments: