Tuesday, August 14, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

When the dog bites,
When the bee stings,
When I'm feeling sad,
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad.
(My Favorite Things, The Sound of Music)

There are a few things that can always make me happy, regardless of how I was feeling before. There's something wonderful about Christmas music (yes, any time of the year!) that will make me feel better even when I'm totally bummed out. When Dave and I were first married, he had to travel for two weeks for work, and I was sad and lonely. I realized that when I put Christmas music on, all my favorite feelings from my favorite holiday just came up and made me feel better.

I know I can't be the only one who has little things that make a big difference. They're things that recall my childhood or people that I love, and sometimes that's just enough umph to get me out of a rut. Here are a few of my favorite things, what are yours?


Read:
Anne of Green Gables
Little Women


Watch:
Friends
Enchanted (or pretty much any princess movie)


Wear:
Something pretty
An over-sized sweater or sweatshirt, especially if it belongs to my hubby :-)


Listen to:
Disney music
Christmas music


Do:
Knit


Drink:
Tea


Eat:
Homemade chocolate chip cookies

1 comment:

David Stephens said...

Read: Facebook - Mainly catch up with friends from Zimbabwe via chat or just stalking.
Watch: Something new like a TV series that I'm going through.
Wear: Basketball Shorts and a Soft T-Shirt
Listen to: Old School Christian Music
Do: Nothing or something mindless
Drink: Tea/Coffee
Eat: Chocolate - anything with chocolate. Ideally Snickers - (satisfies)